How do I set up Outlook to get my Teksavvy emails? (POP3 or SMTP)
To configure a Teksavvy Email Account in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007/2010/2013
- Open Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
- Click Tools, then Email Accounts (Account Settings in Outlook 2007)
Click File > Account Settings (Outlook 2010 or 2013)
- Select Add a new email account to add a new one, or View or change existing email accounts to edit a current account.
- Click Next
- If you selected Add a new email account, you will be asked for the server type. Select POP3 and click Next.
- If you selected View or change, you will see a listing of the accounts that have been created in Outlook.
- Select the account you want to change and click Change.
- Your name: Enter your name as you’d like it to appear on your outgoing email.
- Email Address: Enter your email address.
- Incoming mail server (POP3): Enter your incoming mail server mail.teksavvy.com (POP3) and smtp.teksavvy.com (SMTP)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter the outgoing mail server mail.teksavvy.com (POP3) and smtp.teksavvy.com (SMTP)
- Username: Enter your complete email address.
- Password: Your password.
- Remember Password: Place a check in this box if you do not want to enter your password each time.
- Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): Leave this unchecked.
If you wish to use your @teksavvy.com email address over an Internet connection other than TekSavvy (Rogers, Bell, on your iPad/smartphone, etc.), the Outgoing Server should be out.teksavvy.com, and outgoing email port need to be changed from port 25 to port 1025. (Tools > Account Settings > Properties > Advanced tab)